Take a moment, step back from your concerns, and focus on one thing: You have one life to achieve everything you’ve ever wanted. Sounds simple, but when you really focus on it, let it seep into your consciousness, you realize you only have about 100 years to get every single thing you’ve ever wanted to do. No second chances. This is your only shot. Suddenly, this means you should have started yesterday. No more waiting for permission or resources to start. Today is the day you make the rest of your life happen. Write down one thing you’ve always wanted to do and how you will achieve that goal. Don’t be afraid to be very specific in how you’ll achieve it: once you start achieving, your goals will get bigger and your capability to meet them will grow.--------------------
While I was reading this writing prompt, I could hear the chorus from Eminem's "Lose Yourself" running around in my head...
You better lose yourself in the musicAnyway... this prompt is pretty much a reiteration of a couple of previous prompts, but I think it frames the idea of having a limited resource of time nicely. It also brings up something to the fore that I'd been thinking about recently, in the last phrase: once you start achieving, your goals will get bigger and your capability to meet them will grow.
The moment, you own it, you better never let it go, oh
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
'Cause opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo
I believe that's a strong idea, that in order to achieve the big goal, you need to... build up to it. Achieve smaller goals, even really super-mundane ones, and they help to bolster your confidence, which I think is one of the biggest issues I have when it comes to creativity. The thing I want to do is the comic book for myself, and in order to do that I need to break it down into smaller chunks, and just keep working on it until I have a whole. Not be so concerned with the big picture, try and just concentrate on the smaller pictures, so to speak :)
No comments:
Post a Comment