Portfolio link

Illustration portfolio can be found at http://bit.ly/benerator

Sunday, June 12, 2011

#trust30 post#11: Divine Idea...

Write down in which areas of your life you have to overcome these suicidal tendencies of imitation, and how you can transform them into a newborn you – one that doesn’t hide its uniqueness, but thrives on it. There is a “divine idea which each of us represents” – which is yours?
---------------------
Imitation has IMO been a necessary part of the illustration learning process, and I certainly feel like I wear my influences on my sleeve. I'm still entrenched in mastering the tools and techniques, but as I grow more confident in my abilities, I think I can start to see more of my own style start to show through. I'm not sure I can really define what that style is, but I'm encouraged to see that it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment